Sunday, November 4, 2007

[Side Note]

Okay so I'm in class this one day and a friend of mine's listening to Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" (I know, she shouldn't be doing that in class). I hear her rap the "Haters get mad 'cause I got me some..." line and I ask..."what the fuck is he saying at that part?". She replies: "Haters get mad 'cause I got me some Bathing Apes".

I'm like "Umm...did you just say bathing apes?". She said yes. I ask: "what the fuck are bathing apes?". She gives me a rundown about how it's a sneaker line called A Bathing Ape (it turns out that a lot of the clowns here on campus wear those things) and it's owned by an Asian man (?!!?!?!).

Forget that the 50-year old man inside of me didn't know what the hell dem shoes were...let's focus on the real issue. WHY ARE WE LETTING AN ASIAN MAN SELL US SHOES CALLED "A BATHING APE"???

I need answers and I need them now.