Wednesday, August 1, 2007

[Side Note]

Okay so I rarely ever watch 106 & Park...as a matter of fact, I rarely ever watch BET. However, today was one of those rare days when I flip through BET to see what's happening. Within seconds, I am reminded why I don't watch BET.

The gentleman on the right in the pic above, Terrence (co-host of 106), made a comment that I thought was particularly dumb. A video by J. Holliday was just played...and Terrence says somehing like, "that's right, bringing lightskin back!" or something like that. I wasn't sure that I had heard what I just heard but then he confirmed it by going even further...he said some shit about how T.I. was part of the movement or something like that. The entire time, Rocsi was trying to cue him to shut the fuck up and, furthermore, the audience was dead silent when he was saying all this.

I could go further about why that was a stupid thing to say but I want to know if I am the only one who has a problem with comments like the one Terrence made. Feel free to let me know how you feel about it in the comment section.