Thursday, August 16, 2007

David Banner Gets Played By Al Sharpton's People

By now, I'm sure you've heard about David Banner (real name Levell Crump) dissing the Reverend in the media and even asking him suck his phallus. Well, this is what one of the leaders of Sharpton's National Action Network, Kristen John-Foy, had to say in response to David Banner's comments...

"From time to time we do encounter people that have sexual fantasies about Reverend Al Sharpton, but they are always women and Crump's proposition is a first."

"I am sure Rev. Sharpton would not call Crump the "N" "B" or "H" word ... [but] despite Crump's personal request, I am sure Reverend Sharpton would not call him a f-g--t."

Source

She makes a good point. Considering how anti-gay the hip-hop culture is, I think it's odd that rappers make such gay comments. On another note, I think it's just slightly odd that these comments coincide with David Banner's new release. Publicity stunt? No? Okay good.