Monday, July 30, 2007

You Know What?

Just read...

SANFORD, Fla. -- The family of a 7-year-old boy in Sanford who was rushed to an emergency room after he accidentally swallowed his "grill" -- or decorative metal mouth piece -- is concerned because the apparatus remains in his stomach.

Bobby Tedesco placed the grill over the teeth after his mother purchased it for $10 at a flea market.

Bobby said the grill fell out off his teeth and he started choking on it. His mother, Dawn Tedesco, attempted to clear his throat, but he swallowed the grill.

An X-ray taken three days after incident showed the grill in Bobby's stomach.

Doctors said there is only one way for the grill to exit.

"Once they X-rayed it, they said they saw it in his stomach (and) that it should pass in one to three days. But now we're going on the third day and still no grill, so I'm a little concerned about what's going to happen," Dawn Tedesco said.

Bobby's mother said she regrets purchasing the grill and warned other parents to beware of the hazard they can present.

"I think everybody should know (not to) buy them. Don't do it," Dawn Tedesco said.

The grill did come with a warning, advising parents to supervise children under the age of 12 who wear the apparatuses.

The American Dental Association does not recommend the wearing of grills, saying they can store bacteria. (no shit, Sherlock -- RichBoi88)